Greetings, CPI Trainees!
It is BEST to watch ALL the videos in ONE sitting.
See the HOMEWORK Assignment at the bottom of the page.
1. Check-in. Send a SEPARATE email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know the DATE and TIME you are watching Session THREE.
2. Watch the videos. Have your Bible, Manuals, and Notebook handy.
3. Do your Assignments and PraiseMoves workouts before the next class.
4. Praise the Lord, for He is worthy of ALL the praise–and He will take you the rest of the way!
SPECIAL UPDATE MESSAGE! The first video has a Special Message from Dr. Laurette that will help take your PraiseMoves Classes to the Next Level. After watching the videos on this page, please go to the link to see NolaJeanne's teaching — and she will SHOW you HOW to implement this special *element* into your classes!
Session THREE, Part 1
Session THREE, Part 2
YOUR PRACTICE IS PART TWO.
1. Practice your 2-minute WWW.
2. Practice the 5 PraiseMoves postures AND WHAT YOU SAY for your upcoming video homework.
NOTE: Follow the CPI Guide Script –> You should have already submitted your Guide Script to NolaJeanne.
Submit Your Video On Time. Do not wait until the last minute. Leave extra time in case we require you to re-do your video.
Your 5-Postures Video is due the week of February 21.
Your Video will include:
a. Start with Prayer. At the beginning of your video, start with Prayer from your heart (not reading from a card). Dedicate your workout to the Lord. You will do this at the beginning of every class you teach, so we want to see you start your video with prayer.
***Music question? You may use Christian music with words for WWW – but ONLY instrumental Christian music or classical (not New Age, of course!) for Postures. We want people to FOCUS on the Word and your instruction. You will receive PraiseMoves Class Music CD#1 with your Certificate.
b. Video record yourself teaching ONE student the following five PraiseMoves postures: The Angel, The Reed, The Eagle, The Rainbow, and The Prayer Shawl.
(Remember, if you are not able to record a video in person — or do a Zoom you can record — with your student, you may make an appointment with one of our CPI Trainers to do a Live Zoom where you can teach them your 5 postures. Email NolaJeanne at email@example.com)
1) We need to be able to see you and your students from head-to-toe. The best way to do this we have found is to situate yourself, student, and camera in a V-shape. Your video camera is at the Point of the V. Your student and you are the endpoints of the V, facing one another, but angled slightly toward the camera so we can see BOTH of your faces.
2) Be sure to watch your students.
3) Walk over to your student a time or two to cue them and correct their form WITHOUT touching them. You can model the correct form for them instead.
4) Be sure to SAY the corresponding Scripture and invite your students to REPEAT the scripture after you.
–Practice the 5 PraiseMoves postures AND WHAT YOU SAY for your upcoming video.
– What do you say? Guide your students into a posture, breathing, Scripture (invite them to repeat after you; add an element of praise in line with the video above, such as “We thank You, Lord, that Your Word says…*scripture*…”
— Don’t be robotic here – be yourself! You’re thankful for God’s Word already–just let some of your thankfulness show. Your students will pick up on your genuineness and it will bless them, letting them know they can enter into praise easily.
We also call this the “Higher Dimension of Praise.” Keep it simple and it will flow easily for you.
–You are a Leader and a Minister of the Gospel. Your students will follow you. We are “not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for every who believes” (Romans 1:16).
WATCHING HOW NOLAJEANNE TEACHES WILL BE INVALUABLE FOR YOU. She is one of the very best, and her students love her. See links below for NJ videos.
–Mention benefits (I like doing this toward the beginning “This posture is great for…”). Mention contraindications when guiding into a posture (“If your neck is sensitive, look straight ahead instead of up”).
— Incorporate what we call the “Higher Dimension of Praise” from the video in the last session about the revelation from Galatians 3:5 and Jeremiah 33:11 (“I thank You, Lord, that Your Word says…” or “We praise You, Father that…” and then follow with the Scripture).
This does not have to be done for each and every posture in your classes (let the Holy Spirit guide you). Invite students to repeat after you.
Push through your comfort zone and past the fear of doing something new and “un-COMFORT-able” – lean on the Comforter, and be willing to *feel* foolish. It looks good on us, no matter how offended our pride, flesh, and minds may be (I speak from experience here). ?
Example from Nola Jeanne Baird, CPI Trainer & Coordinator:
Notice that her first few words are that added “Higher Dimension of Praise”…
“For example, For Mt.Zion, I now say: “Father, we thank You that Your Word says, ‘those who trust in the Lord are like Mt Zion which cannot be moved but abides forever. Ps 125:1.'” See how I prefaced the scripture with a statement of thanksgiving?
Another example for The Eagle, I now say: “Those who wait on the Lord, shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. Isa 40:31′ – thank You for Your Word, Lord.”
Please Note: Upload your video via YouTube.com (a free service). Mark the video “UNLISTED.” DO NOT mark it “private” – we cannot open private videos. Send us a link to the video at firstname.lastname@example.org
Final Exam on Monday, February 28. You have 24 hours from the time it is sent to complete it. The exam itself MUST be submitted online NO LATER than Tuesday, March 1 (the next day) Tuesday afternoon (Central time). It will be a multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and written test which you will take online.
Here's a VIDEO OF DR. LAURETTE DOING THE FIRST 5 POSTURES. This is an abbreviated set of the postures giving the Scripture reference only for each posture. For a more complete explanation of each posture with corresponding scripture, please see the CPI Training Manual and the PraiseMoves DVD.
BE SURE TO LOOK BELOW FOR YOUR HOMEWORK, AND FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW FOR NolaJeanne's HANDS-ON TRAINING.
BE PREPARING FOR THE CLOSED-BOOK EXAM NOW by taking notes and practicing. Expect to do excellently well. You will!
Session THREE, Part 3
Session THREE, Part 4
GO HERE for the Continuation of Today's training with NolaJeanne Baird Lesson THREE:
CPI Trainer and Coordinator Nola Jeanne Baird says we can “Take PraiseMoves wherever you go.” She has taught PraiseMoves for children in church and school, PraiseMoves for seniors, and is a model of Psalm 103:5 (the Lord fills her mouth with good things; her youth is renewed like the eagle's!).
Check out Nola Jeanne and Ginger doing “KittyMoves.” Nola Jeanne demonstrates “The Runner” while Ginger demonstrates “The Stretcher.” Meow. ?
CPI Forum – After certification, you will be sent the link to the CPI Files online, where you will find Lesson Plans, Marketing helps, all postures on PowerPoint, Scripture Sequences, Themes, and more.
CPI Private Facebook Group – After certification, you will be sent an invitation to join (great fellowship and a place to ask for prayer, share victories, and seek advice from seasoned CPIs).
CPI Store – http://praisemoves.com/cpistore – you may purchase from here now for all discounts.
CPI Tips – http://praisemoves.com/cpitips
1. Study these 5 postures: Tallit (The Prayer Shawl), The Star, Rest & Stretch, The Scroll, and The Vine.
2. Practice and study pages 63-74. Use some of the VERBAL CUES for these postures. Practice teaching in front of a mirror.
3. Know one-to-two BENEFITS for each posture. This will become second nature to you as you become more aware of how the body moves and is strengthened or stretched in each posture.
4. Be aware of some of the most important CONTRAINDICATIONS of each posture (for example, if someone has a neck injury, they should not lift their head in The Eagle posture).
5. Write these 5 postures on Index Cards. Note a few verbal cues to help you remember how to guide your students.
–>> IMPORTANT: You will use Index Cards or pocket-protected sheets in a 3-ring binder, ideally on a music stand, to refer to when teaching during your class AND your 5-Postures video.
6. Practice repeating the SCRIPTURE VERSES and REFERENCES which go along with each of these postures.
7. Practice your 2-minute WWW.
Send your solo WWW to us via a YouTube link to email@example.com.
Your VIDEO is DUE ON TIME. Do not wait until the last minute. Leave extra time in case we require you to re-do your video.
Your 5-Postures video is due the week of February 21.
8. Please Remove Your Video After it has been Reviewed (and you receive your Video Evaluation). Thank you!
Be sure to SEE NolaJeanne's Hands-on Class for You HERE: http://miradance.weebly.com/cpi2.html – Dr. Laurette's Message about Praise is repeated on this page for our Recertifying CPIs. There is no need for you to view it again. Instead, immediately view NolaJeanne's Lesson.
General Comments –
We share our observations with you in this section.
Below are listed the particular areas we specifically observed.
- Open with Prayer –
- Verbal Cues –
- Breathing Cues –
- Invite Students to repeat scriptures (postures and SS) –
- Higher Dimension of Praise in God’s Word – (see http://miradance.weebly.
- Check/Correct Student –
- Hold Postures for Stretch 30 – 50 seconds – (3-5 breaths)
- Appearance – Please review Pg 129 in CPI Training Manual
- FIVE Postures –You will want to carefully review your form, scripture, and other cues.
Previous Training Sessions:
NolaJeanne's Sessions ONE and TWO: http://miradance.weebly.com/cpi1
Today's NolaJeanne's Session THREE: http://miradance.weebly.com/cpi2.html