It's Best to Watch ALL the Videos in ONE sitting.
See the HOMEWORK Assignment at the bottom of the page.
1. Check-in. CPI Trainees send a SEPARATE email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us know the DATE and TIME you are watching Session TWO. We only have to know the time you are first checking in.
2. Watch the videos. Have your Bible, Manuals, and Notebook handy.
*** After the videos below, watch NolaJeanne's Lesson #2 part ONE and Lesson #2 part TWO ON 3-point Method, WWW, and BREATHING CUES here: http://miradance.weebly.com/cpi1.html
3. Do your Assignments and PraiseMoves workouts before the next class.
WWW – 2 minutes via Video separately to us. You can do this solo.
Here are the 5 PraiseMoves postures for your Video Assignment where you will be teaching ONE student:
The Angel, The Reed, The Eagle, The Vine, and The Little Child
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING VIDEO REQUIREMENT:
In light of COVID-19 and CDC guidelines being implemented differently throughout the world, we understand that you may not be able to find a student to help you with your 5 postures video. In such a case, we will set up a ZOOM meeting with you and you can teach us your required postures. Let us know so we can schedule a time for you.
If you have the capability, you can actually record your own Zoom with a student and turn that in as a video. However, I think that meeting with one of the CPI Trainers would be simpler for most people.
ALL VIDEOS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED ON TIME.
5 Postures video or Zoom by the week of September 27. See how NolaJeanne teaches the postures in the videos and you will do excellently well!
— Start with Prayer. At the beginning of your video, start with Prayer from your heart (not reading from a card). Dedicate your workout to the Lord. You will do this at the beginning of every class you teach, so we want to see you start your video with prayer.
Remember the positioning of you and your student.
Follow the photo below. We have to be able to see you both clearly, and you have to be able to see each other clearly.
*** IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW the example of how the CPI and her student are positioned, you may have to re-do your Postures video.
4. Download the GUIDE SCRIPT. We included it in your first email. It will help you tremendously!
===> NOW: Submit your Guide Script Template to Master CPI Trainer NolaJeanne Baird and have it approved.
5. Praise the Lord, for He is worthy of ALL the praise–and He will take you the rest of the way!
Session TWO, Part 1 – IF NOT WORKING, TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER (such as Firefox or Chrome). Videos seem to work better on computers or laptops, rather than phones or tablets. The password is in your email sent today (same as earlier videos).
DON'T MISS THE IMPORTANT HOMEWORK BELOW THE VIDEOS.
If you have an issue with any video, please try a different browser.
Session TWO, Part 2
Session TWO, Part 3
Session TWO, Part 4
*** REMINDER: After watching the videos and checking out your Homework below, watch NolaJeanne's Lesson #2 part ONE and Lesson #2 part TWO on 3-point Method, WWW, and BREATHING CUES here: http://miradance.weebly.com/cpi1.html
1. Study the first 5 postures (Mount Zion, The Reed, The Eagle, The Angel, The Rainbow — and Neck Stretches thrown in as an extra to help limber up the neck).
2. Practice and study pages 53-62. Use some of the VERBAL CUES for these postures. Practice teaching in front of a mirror.
3. Design and Practice a 2-minute Walkin' Wisdom Warm-up session using several of the Scriptural Affirmations and WWW moves on pages 50-52. You will do a solo video and send to us at email@example.com.
SEE VIDEO BELOW (at bottom of page) of WWW which CPI Jennifer Scheidt did for us. This is an example of part of a WWW session (6 1/2 minutes – usually our WWW in a 60-to-75 minute class will run 10-15 minutes for warm-ups.)
4. Know several BENEFITS for each posture. For Video: Be prepared to SAY what these benefits are before or while teaching the posture. This will become second nature to you as you become more aware of how the body moves and is strengthened or stretched in each posture.
5. Be aware of some of the most important CONTRAINDICATIONS of each posture (for example, if someone has a neck injury, they should not lift their head in The Eagle posture). For your 5-postures Video or Zoom: Be prepared to SAY one or more contraindications when you teach each posture.
6. Get INDEX CARDS (large or small) and write these 5-6 postures and their scriptures on the index cards. Note a few verbal cues to help you remember how to guide your students. You will be using these cards for your postures video, so start creating them now. If you prefer, you can have a 3-ring binder with the postures and scriptures in it – or printed, laminated sheets, or PowerPoints with postures just for you to see (something you can use for your classes). Having something tangible will help you when formulating lesson plans.
–>> BORROW OR PURCHASE a MUSIC STAND for your index cards or 3-ring binder when you teach your class and for your video. See how NolaJeanne uses it.
DO NOT flip through the manual or use xeroxed sheets from the manual for your classes OR your video. We want to present in a professional manner. You are a professional. ?
*** You will NOT be reading verbatim (word-for-word) from your index cards or sheets in your binder. You may, however, refer to them as a memory jogger. Watch how NolaJeanne does this in the videos, and that will help you.
7. Practice repeating the SCRIPTURE VERSES and REFERENCES which go along with each of these postures.
8. Start to practice teaching the 5 postures that you will do for your video or Zoom.
The Angel, The Reed, The Eagle, The Vine, and The Little Child
Write each posture's scripture, benefits, and contraindications on your index card for the 5 postures so you can say some of these in your video, as you would to your students (for example: “If your knees are sensitive, do this instead…”). Just copy what you see in the manual.
This is where having your Guide Script written for EACH posture is so very helpful. Yes, you only have to submit ONE to NolaJeanne, but go ahead and do ALL FIVE for your video so you can refer to it and stay on track.
START PREPARING FOR THE CLOSED-BOOK EXAM NOW by taking notes and practicing. Expect to do excellently well. You will!
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO KNOW THIS:
FOR YOUR 5 POSTURES VIDEO or Zoom: If you make an appt. with us to do a Zoom, we need to see you from head to toe. If you do a video, we need to be able to see you and your student from head to toe. The best way to do this we have found is to situate yourself, your student, and your camera in a V-shape. Your video camera is at the point of the V. Your student and you are the endpoints of the V, facing one another, but angled slightly toward the camera so we can see BOTH of your faces.
NOTE: IF YOUR VIDEO IS IN SEVERAL PIECES, PUT ALL OF THE LINKS IN ONE EMAIL TO US. Do not send separate emails with parts of the same video. This can get confusing when we have so many videos to grade. Thank you!
In the Photo: Notice how the CPI Trainee on the left and her student on the right are angled in such a way that they can be clearly seen by each other AND the camera (us). Notice the angle of their mats.
Don't think “How easy can I make this for myself?” We reap what we sow, and we know you want to have a ministry of excellence as a CPI. Instead, think, “How can I do the BEST job possible and challenge myself to be the best CPI I can be, by the grace of God?” We know you can do it through Christ Jesus!
Previous Training Sessions:
NolaJeanne's Lesson ONE and Lesson TWO: http://miradance.weebly.com/cpi1.html