GOD EQUIPS THE CALLED. ARE YOU CALLED?
Enjoy Dr. Laurette Willis' recent Webinar and see if PraiseMoves Fitness Ministry is a “fit” for you! REGISTER FOR THE WEBINAR HERE
Thank you for your interest in the PraiseMoves Instructor Certification Program! CPI APPLICATION available here.
We receive requests from WOMEN and MEN throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa looking for PraiseMoves classes they can take. The world NEEDS more Certified PraiseMoves Instructors (CPIs) — Are YOU being called to be a CPI?
The release of the PraiseMoves Workouts from Harvest House Publishers, our television programs, magazine articles and interviews have brought an increased awareness of the first Christian ALTERNATIVE to yoga (PraiseMoves is NOT so-called “Christian yoga,” which we consider an oxymoron/contradiction in terms since “Yoga IS Hinduism” according to many Christians and most Hindus! See article which explains this in full.).
HOW ABOUT YOU?
Perhaps you know of others at your church or in your community who would be interested in starting a Fitness Ministry or earning a nice part-time income offering PraiseMoves classes at church, a local gym, community center, school, senior center or their home.
Of course, charging for PraiseMoves classes is optional, but when we consider that millions of people are spending billions of dollars on yoga classes, a dedicated PraiseMoves instructor is certainly worthy of his or her hire.
CNNMoney.com lists Fitness and Aerobic Instructors – one of the 11 “America’s Hot Jobs” where you have the edge: “Amidst growing concerns about obesity, fitness instructors help their clients slim down and shape up by instructing them and physical and exercise activities like yoga, aerobics, and weightlifting.”
Your Certified PraiseMoves Instructor Training Includes:
– The PraiseMoves Classic Workout Download – Includes 60-minute and 20-minute workouts. Plus Bonus Sections AND 16-page eBooklet. Outlines correct breathing techniques, 22 basic PraiseMoves postures, and several flowing Scripture Sequences.
– The PraiseMoves Training Manual (history and benefits of PraiseMoves; dynamics of stretching; Basic Anatomy; the Muscular System; Muscles and the PraiseMoves postures; an outline of PraiseMoves workout; low-impact aerobic dance steps; Walkin' Wisdom Warm-ups; all PraiseMoves postures w/photos – plus new PraiseMoves postures; Scripture Sequences; PraiseMoves Alphabetics w/corresponding scriptures; reviews, and sample exam).
– How to Start Your Own Fitness Ministry Manual – Everything you need to start your own PraiseMoves classes from finding students and workout spaces to finances and ministry.
NOTE: Downloadable versions of the original PraiseMoves Workout, the PraiseMoves Training Manual and “Start Your Own Fitness Ministry Manual” are included with your CPI certification course.
– Teacher Certification Weekend – Held at various locations around the U.S. (See HERE for dates and locations). Certifications are held during a One-day Certification “Blitz” usually from 9am-6pm. Classes outlining all aspects of PraiseMoves and the final exam will be given, followed by a Teacher Certification ceremony awarding Certificates of Completion. Most students devote 100 hours over 6-8 weeks to study, practice videos and attend the Live Certification.
– ONLINE Training – PraiseMoves LEVEL I Certification (and Recertification). You can now request to take part in one of our Online Webinar series which take place every February and September. In-person *live* certifications are also available.
Now those who would prefer online training from anywhere in the world can certainly do so (some may want to do both, at no extra charge). Eight (8) in-depth online webinar sessions over 4 weeks with Dr. Laurette Willis, PraiseMoves Founder, NolaJeanne Baird, Master CPI Trainer, and Jessica Guthrie, CPI Trainer.
While individual times vary, most students devote 100 hours before and during the 4 weeks to study, prepare their videos and take part in the Online Certification.
See Online Training dates HERE.
– Only Certified PraiseMoves Instructors (CPI’s) may use the PraiseMoves® name (a registered trademark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office) and teach the copyrighted PraiseMoves material.
– Graduates of the training will be able to call themselves Certified PraiseMoves Instructors (CPIs), use the registered PraiseMoves trademark in their advertising and charge for group and private classes.
– CPIs and CPIs-in-Training receive 40%-50% off all PraiseMoves products (DVDs, books, CDs, etc.) which they may sell to their students at retail.
– CPIs are the only ones who can also train to become certified to teach MIRA! (Christian Fitness with a Latin Beat), PraiseKicks (Kickboxing with the Word), PraiseMoves Gold (to teach seniors and those with limited mobility), Prenatal PraiseMoves, PraiseWaves (Aqua PraiseMoves) and L.I.F.T. (Laughter-In-Fitness-Training).
– From time-to-time, we hold specials for more % off and contests for products, prizes, money and more!
– CPIs’ information and classes are listed on the main PraiseMoves website free-of-charge so prospective students can find you.
– CPIs will have access to PraiseMoves devotionals which can be held in conjunction with PraiseMoves classes.
– CPIs will be able to offer the trademarked “Fitness for His Witness” seminar to area churches as a way to introduce them to their PraiseMoves classes.
– If they'd like to do so, CPIs may offer the PowerMoves Kids Program (the first classroom program combining Character Education and Fitness) at area public schools, private schools, home schools, and YMCAs. They may also sell the entire PowerMoves Kids system to schools and receive commissions on this Character Education/Fitness program for the classroom — now being used in schools throughout the US and Canada. “Winning the War Against Childhood Obesity — with CHARACTER!”
Find out more at http://powermoveskids.com.
– CPIs will be on the leading edge of a new wave of Christian fitness, countering the popular and deceptive practice of yoga and “new age” mysticism.
– Follow-up support and prayer are always available, as well as new routines, fellowship, and continuing education workshops.
– Contests, special events, recognition (CPI of the Year, CPI Rookie of the Year, Eagle Award), and yearly reunions (PraiseMoves International Conference) are available.
– And perhaps most exciting of all, CPIs will have the opportunity to minister to the Body of Christ and those who are searching for Him.
– As we develop other programs, CPIs will have access to them (such as PraiseMoves Gold for seniors, MIRA!–“alternative to Zumba,” Prenatal PraiseMoves, and PraiseWAVES in the water!).
– CPIs are invited to join our Private Facebook group and CPI Forum – open only to CPIs – a Forum of sharing, advice, downloadable files and marketing materials, prayer, support, and networking among all participating CPIs. Files of Lesson Plans, brochures, cards, PowerPoints, new PraiseMoves postures, etc. can be downloaded as files on the Forum, too.
The Fitness Ministry is a viable, much-needed ministry at a time when Christians match or exceed the general population in weight-related illnesses and disease. Also, churches are looking for new ways to attract people who are searching for Christ.
Friendship Evangelism in the form of inviting an unsaved friend or neighbor to a fun “alternative to yoga” class is a wonderful way to introduce them to fellowship with believers. They'll hear the Gospel in a relaxed atmosphere. After the class questions can be answered, information made available, and prayer offered. I believe many will be won to the Lord.
Are there strict standards to become an instructor?
We are looking for mature, stable Christians who believe the Lord is calling them to be part of the PraiseMoves Fitness Ministry.
While it would be helpful to you if you've taught exercise or some other sort of classes before, it's not necessary. These are skills you can learn. If you are not at your “ideal” weight yet, that's okay. We are great believers in “progress, not perfection.” If you are overweight, however, it is important that you are working toward reaching a healthy weight for you. People will be looking up to you as a PraiseMoves instructor and mentor. You’ll want to have a testimony of how the Lord has helped you lose weight and become healthier – a testimony of how PraiseMoves has assisted you in reaching your goals would also be good.
So, if you have a desire to share PraiseMoves with others and believe God is calling you to step out, c'mon, and step up!
You will need to be CPR-certified. This can be done in your hometown or nearest large city. Call your local hospital or the American Heart Association to find out about CPR training in your area (fees run anywhere from $25-60 for certification). You can also get CPR-certified online at www.CPRCare.com. If you already have an up-to-date card, please make a copy of it and submit it with your application.
Important: As a CPI or CPI-in-Training, it is important that you notify us of any changes to address, email, and phone number so we can contact you. News organizations and magazines often contact us for interviews, and some have visited CPI classes. We need to be able to contact you if such an opportunity arises. There are also changes and additions to PraiseMoves postures and programs which would be helpful to you and your students. Updates are sent out periodically and are also available on the CPI Forum group on Yahoo, open to all CPIs.
Please Note: Dr. Laurette Willis or members of the PraiseMoves Team may contact Certified PraiseMoves Instructors from time-to-time, especially for prayer, support for classes, or to address concerns we or CPIs may have.
To become a Certified PraiseMoves Instructor
1. Full payment of $395 with application for Training materials, Online or Certification weekend training, Certificate, and first year's license to teach PraiseMoves classes. If you take the Online training, you may go to any Live training for free, and vice-versa.
2. Outside of the U.S. – Instructions are on the application to submit via email and fee via PayPal. We are helping people around the world who are taking our Online Training. We look forward to hearing from you!
3. While the original PraiseMoves Workout download comes with your training materials, we strongly recommend purchasing the 20-Min. PraiseMoves Workout (w/beg., int. & adv. Workouts with modifications) and PraiseMoves Alphabetics (the Hebrew letter postures) if you don’t already have them. See downloadable and streaming options in the store.
* Yearly renewal on your Certification anniversary is $125.00 the first year only, to keep your credentials and benefits current. The second year and thereafter, your yearly renewal fee reduces to only $75 per year.
* Every two years CPIs are expected to take Recertification Training online to keep up-to-date on the latest PraiseMoves postures and keep their skills fresh. Recertification training is Free-of-Charge, and can be done Online or at the Annual PraiseMoves Conference.
Renewal Fee is every year, and free Recertification Training is every 2 years.
The CPI who charges for classes may earn their enrollment amount back with the first series of classes they teach. For example: 25 students @ $5 per class (estimate) for 8 weekly classes = $1,000.00; 10 students @ $8 per class for 6 weeks = $480.00. Of course, not everyone will earn the same amount. Some choose to give classes on a donation-only basis; others will have smaller enrollments while some CPIs may choose to charge more for classes.
Some CPIs who teach PraiseMoves classes at their local church donate or share enrollment fees with their church for a missionary fund, youth trip, or special project. Some who teach at their local YMCA or fitness center are guaranteed a certain amount per class no matter how many students attend. To keep finances in perspective, consider that yoga teachers generally charge $8-$25 per class, depending on the area of the country.
Among CPIs, the focus tends to be more on the rewards of ministry and less on the financial compensation of teaching classes. This is one of the reasons we recommend you pray to ensure that the Lord is calling you to become a Certified PraiseMoves Instructor. If you are considering becoming a CPI because you imagine you can earn a lot of money, your focus is on the wrong thing.
If you would like to apply to become a Certified PraiseMoves Instructor (CPI), you may do so online here: application
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Denial or Cancellation: In the rare instance that an Application is denied, the application fee is refunded, less a $15 review fee, with a letter of explanation.
If an accepted applicant (CPI Trainee) changes their mind and decides not to go through with training within 30 days of having been approved, the application fee will be refunded less $50 application processing fee. Refunds take 2 weeks to process once materials have been returned.
In light of the extensive work which goes into preparing the CPI Trainee for training, no refunds will be given for requests made within 2 weeks of the CPI Trainee's scheduled training date, or 30 days after having been accepted to train as a CPI. They can request to reschedule the class date, however. You have one year from the time your application is accepted to take your training; after that time, you would need to reapply.
Full attendance at the Teacher Certification weekend is required to receive credit and certification. For example, if the training times are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., one is expected to be at the training from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. If a CPI-in-training arrives late or leaves early, they may have to take the training again at a later time.
Since the training “Blitz” is presented in a compact format over a short amount of time, all parts of the training are important (and what is “caught” is often of equal or greater value than what is “taught”). Please consider this when making your travel arrangements.
Since this is a rigorous one-day training, it is important that you arrive the day before the training in order to be well-rested for the full-day event.
For fun and fellowship, we like to have dinner together after the training at a local restaurant to get to know one another a little better. While we would LOVE to have you join us for this, it is not mandatory if your travel requirements necessitate your leaving directly after the training. Lasting friendships often begin during training, and it’s great to network with other like-minded members of the Body of Christ. We hope you can join us!
ONLINE ATTENDANCE POLICY
All 8 sessions are recorded and are released one-at-a-time over the course of 4 weeks (Mondays and Thursdays at 1 PM Central US time).
CPI Trainees are expected to check in to each class via email. Everyone is given 24-36 hours to check in to that day's lesson.
If there are extenuating circumstances and one cannot view that day's lesson within 24-36 hours, special arrangements may be made, or the Board may recommend the Trainee join the next Online Certification (held every February and September). One has 1 year from application date to complete their training.
TESTIMONIAL FROM CPI TRAINEE ONLINE: “Thank you so much for your encouragement Jessica (Guthrie, CPI Trainer). This has been such an uplifting experience…you all just take us thru every step so tenderly and with great patience.
“Dr. Laurette has such tremendous gifting from the Lord and one can feel her integrity as well as those next to her working with us as well. What a great blessing this is to CPI's in training (CPI's and their students) and all who get involved with this ministry of fitness to the body and the spirit through the mighty Word of God. I will be so thrilled and blessed to be a part of such a ministry.” ~ Anita Price, Jamestown, New York