Fasting Update: Starting tomorrow January 1!
Decide WHY you are fasting (and sorry, it can't be “To lose some of this Christmas pudding I've put on over the last month.” That may wind up being one of the benefits, but fasting isn't a diet.)
Here are some reasons people fast – see which areas stand out to you:
1. Health & Healing (Isaiah 58:8) ~ Expect healing and miracles (for yourself and/or loved ones).
2. Overcoming/Breaking Poverty (see: Joel 1:13; Joel 2:15-32)
3. Bondages/Addictions Broken (including sexual addictions – Judges 19 and 20); can also be substance, alcohol and food addictions. God IS ABLE!!!
4. Generational Curses Broken (Isaiah 58:12) – family curses of poverty, divorce, sickness, alcoholism, suicide, idolatry and other demonic attachments broken off you and your children.
5. Demonic Powers Broken – Jesus said, “This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting” (Mark 9:29).
6. Revelation and Wisdom – God will reveal things to come – Acts 13:14 when Paul and Barnabus “ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said…”
7. Breakthrough – Do you need breakthrough in your life — you want 2012 to be better than 2011? Is the Lord calling you to a work – or a new walk in Him? Are you being called to a new level of leadership or ministry? YOU NEED BREAKTHROUGH and He IS “The God of the Breakthrough!” (2 Sam. 5:20, 1 Chron. 14:11)
Decide today WHY you are fasting. Get a journal. Write it down. You can fast for more than one reason — we have a BIG GOD!!!
Get ready for Breakthrough. January 1-21 is just the beginning. THIS is your year!!!