Here's one interpretation…
* 12 Drummers Drumming: The 12 sons of Jacob formed the 12 tribes of Israel. Jesus had 12 disciples.
* 11 Pipers Piping: The 11 faithful disciples.
* 10 Lords-A-Leaping: The 10 commandments.
* 9 Ladies Dancing: The 9 fruit of the Holy Spirit–Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control (Galatians 5:22-23).
* 8 Maids of Milking: The 8 Beatitudes in Matthew 5:1-10.
* 7 Swans-A-Swimming: The first use of the number 7 in the Bible relates to the creation week in Genesis 1. God spends 6 days creating the heavens and the earth and then rests on the 7th day. This is our template for the 7-day week, observed around the world to this day. The 7th day was to be “set apart” for Israel; the Sabbath was a holy day of rest (Deut. 5:12).
* 6 Geese-A-Laying: man was created on the 6th day of creation. In some passages of the Bible, the number 6 is associated with mankind. If God’s number is 7, then man’s is 6. Six always falls short of seven, just like “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). Man is not God, just as 6 is not 7.
* 5 Golden Rings: There are 5 books of God's Law (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy) commonly referred to as the Pentateuch (‘Penta' means five).
The four Gospels plus Acts equals 5 books which, as a set, can be designated as “the New Testament Pentateuch.” They reveal Jesus' teachings concerning the Law and the Prophets.
* 4 Calling Birds: This refers to the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, also known as the 4 Gospels (the GOOD news!).
* 3 French Hens: This simply stands for faith, hope, and love–“And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love” (1 Cor. 13:13).
* 2 Turtle Doves: The 2 parts of the Bible, the Old & New Testaments.
* A Partridge In A Pear Tree: This refers to Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for our sins and rose again so that we may have everlasting life NOW and eternal life with our Heavenly Father.
Jesus did this because He loves YOU just the way you are — but He loves you TOO much to keep you the way you are. He wants you and all the world to be FREE–free from sin, bondage, fear, and all the works of the enemy. And FREE to be all He has created you to be in Him.
Ask Him to forgive you, and to be the Lord of your life. He will do exactly that — and give you a new beginning. Right now.
Ask Him. A blessed CHRISTmas to you. 💕💖💕