Everyday. Coming into the Lord's presence becomes more than a habit — it is a consuming NEED — a hunger and a thirst which can only be satisfied by BEING WITH HIM.
These are the steps I follow in my daily prayer time. I invite you to incorporate all or some of these steps. I hope they will be a blessing to you.
STEPS IN PRAYER
1. Quiet the heart and mind by reading a short Bible-based passage from a Devotional.
2. Praise the Lord and love Him. Praise our Heavenly Abba-Father and love Him.
3. Pray for those in Authority (1 Timothy 2:2) and the Peace of Jerusalem (Ps. 122:6).
4. Pray for your Family–for their salvation, health, protection, etc.
5. Pray for the Good Works God has ordained that you walk in (your ministry, projects, whatever the Lord has called you to do…).
6. Take Authority over the enemy (Luke 10:19). Read and take personally for yourself these passages of scripture: Ephesians 1:17-23 and Colossians 1:9-14. God has translated you out of the kingdom of darkness to the Kingdom of His Son.
7. This is what I say: “Lord, You told me rule and reign in life, so that is exactly what I do, in the name of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”
8. Then I come against the enemy: “Listen up, you kingdom of darkness, in the Name of the Lord Jesus, I come against you. My Father told me to do so. I have authority over you. You have NO authority over me. It is written that I am translated out of the dominion of darkness, your dominion, and I am seated at the right hand of my Father — I'm seated IN my Lord Jesus Christ (Eph. 2:6).”
9. I remind the enemy: “I'm here to reign over you today. I'm going to tell you what you're NOT going to do: * You're NOT going to touch me in spirit, soul or body. In the name of Jesus, I plead the Blood of Jesus over me. * You're NOT going to touch any members of my family. * Satan, you're NOT going to touch the Good Works that God has ordained I walk in or anything that has to do with me. * Don't you touch our vehicles, our assets, our friends and followers, our associates, our finances, our home…anything that has to do with us.”
10. Enter into Praise and Worship of the Lord. Pray in the Spirit and LOVE Him.
11. Communion: On most days I also take Communion, partaking of the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus. I ask the Father to “bless this bread, which represents the body of my Lord Jesus Christ, and this fruit of the vine (grape juice) which represents the Blood of Christ. Father, as You have forgiven me, so I forgive those who have sinned against me. I ask that You help them spiritually and bless them.”
12. In closing, as I partake of the Body & Blood of Christ, receive my health & wholeness, and thank the Father “for lifting from me what Jesus carried for me. I receive it by faith and give You all honor and glory in Jesus' name. Amen.”
From here, I usually pray in the Spirit, praise and worship, and write inspirations and revelations I receive from the Lord.
As you make being with the Lord a habit, going to Him throughout your day will become second-nature to you. And O, the Adventures in FAITH you will have!!!
~with love, rejoicing, Laurette
P.S. If you've been praying to know how to fulfill the Call of God on your life, THIS LINK could change everything for you–as it did for Nancy (starting a new business), Shikana (weight loss), Cindy (relationship challenges), and Ann (clarity and focus)…
Simply Click Here and experience it for yourself. \ 🙂 / Praise the Lord!