Dr. Laurette Willis Bio & Ministry
Dr. Laurette Willis is the Director of PraiseMoves Fitness Ministry. She has helped 100s of thousands of people become “Fit Witnesses for Christ in spirit, soul and body” since PraiseMoves inception in 2001.
As a Keynote Speaker, and Author with Harvest House Publishers and Destiny Image, Dr. Willis has spoken internationally and has produced fitness DVDs, books, and TV shows, as well as trained hundreds of Certified PraiseMoves Instructors on 6 continents.
PraiseMoves (“The Christian ALTERNATIVE to yoga”) offers Christian Fitness DVDs, Christian meditation and Power Promises Walking programs, as well as Classes by Certified PraiseMoves Instructors on six continents.
Certified Instructor training is offered for PraiseMoves, PraiseMoves Gold (to teach seniors & those with limited physical mobility, PraiseKICKS (Kickboxing with the Word), PraiseWAVES (Aqua PraiseMoves) and MIRA! (“The Christian Alternative to Zumba!”–David Warren, Oasis Network).
“BELIEVE YOU RECEIVE TV” @ PraiseMoves page
Mondays 10AM ET | 9AM CT | 7AM PT
Thursdays 9PM ET | 8PM CT | 6PM PT
Feel free to invite your friends who need a fresh Word from the Lord!
*As seen in TIME, Newsweek, Christianity Today, Charisma…
*As seen on TBN, FOX News, Cornerstone, CTN…
*As heard on Moody Radio, Oasis, Premier Christian UK, American Family Radio…
Join us Mondays and Thursdays on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/LauretteWillisPage
Laurette created and performed in two TV shows (“PraiseMoves” and “PraiseMoves Kids” reaching millions globally via Christian Television).
She has also created and presented in Christian Fitness DVDs and CDs for Harvest House Publishers and Destiny Image Publishers, as well as PraiseMoves-published projects.
A professional actor and director with her own production company (DoveTale Productions 1993-2011), Laurette also worked as a playwright, singer, improvisational comedienne, and voice-over artist.
Originally from New York City and Long Island, her nickname on the NYC stage was “The Woman of 101 Voices!” She performed Off-Broadway in NYC in the one-woman show “The Betty Boop Show,” as cartoon character Betty Boop and 40 other characters (during “My B.C. daze,” as Dr. Willis jokingly calls it!).
Laurette’s voice can be heard in countless Voice-Overs and narrations for TV, Radio, Film, and Christian Book trailers from her Prayer Farm Studio in northeastern Oklahoma.
Read what Pastors, Women’s Ministry Leaders, Conference organizers and other Community leaders have to say about Dr. Laurette Willis: Recommendations & Endorsements
Her story of leaving the New Age movement and coming to Christ is featured in Sid Roth’s book Truth Seekers–Ten Amazing People Who Found It!
For over twenty-five years, Dr. Laurette Willis has been invited to speak to groups as diverse as:
- U.S. Armed Forces in Asia with the U.S.O.
- Over 1,500,000 students in schools & universities
- Women’s Retreats and Conferences for United Methodist Women, WMUs of the Southern Baptist Convention, WMs of the Assemblies of God, Catholic Women’s League, Episcopal Church Women, Women of the ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America), Christian Women’s Clubs, and others.
- Public school administrators and teachers as a Certified Instructor for the Great Expectations Program at Northeastern State University (1994-2000)
- The Smithsonian Institute aboard the Delta Queen Riverboat
- The President and nation’s Governors at the 85th Annual National Governors’ Association Conference.
An award-winning actor and playwright, Laurette Willis studied Theatre Arts at New York University, and presented as an Artist on the Touring and Teaching Rosters of the Oklahoma Arts Council for over 20 years.
She has been a member of CITA (Christians In Theatre Arts), the Women’s Ministry Network, and Women in Christian Media.
Her one-woman musical drama “Great Women of the Bible,” now on DVD, has been seen by hundreds of thousands of people since she first presented it in 2003.
A Certified Health Coach and Personal Trainer, in addition to her work with PraiseMoves and MIRA!, Dr. Willis is the creator of the PowerMoves Kids™ Program, the first classroom program to combine Character Education and Fitness, being used in public schools, private and home schools throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Dr. Laurette Willis is the author of BASIC Steps to Godly Fitness and The Busy Woman’s Guide to Total Fitness (both from Harvest House Publishers), as well as the PraiseMoves DVD, 20-Minute PraiseMoves DVD, and Power PraiseMoves DVD, all from Harvest House Publishers.
40 Days to Fit and Fabulous with PraiseMoves from Destiny Image Publishers is in the STORE.
Her PraiseMoves production company has also produced a number of Christian Fitness DVDs for adults and children (see: PraiseMoves DVDs).
As the Founder of PraiseMoves Fitness Ministry and MIRA! (Christian Fitness with a Latin Beat), she oversees the training of Certified PraiseMoves Instructors who bring this Christ-centered alternative to yoga to churches and fitness centers on 6 continents.
Interviewer and Interviewee
Dr. Willis also enjoys interviewing famous Christian authors (Gary Smalley, Stormie Omartian, Dr. Caroline Leaf (at left with Laurette), Dennis Jernigan, Katie Souza, John and Lisa Bevere, Thelma Wells, Jentezen Franklin and others).
Most recently, she started Believe You Receive TV in conjunction with ZOOM and Facebook LIVE — seen weekly on Monday mornings and Thursday evenings. BYR-TV is a program of Encouragement * Prayer * Interviews where Dr. Willis teaches, prays for viewers, and interviews famous Christian authors and world changers.
Awards and Education
- Ordained in 1994 (Kingsway Fellowship)
- Since 2004 Licensed and Ordained with Independent Assemblies.
- Willis Ministries Int’l is a 501(c)3 under the aegis of Independent Assemblies
- Studied at: St. John’s University (New York), New York University, University of Nevada at Reno, Missionary Seminary (Tennessee); Biblical Health Institute (Florida), and Oral Roberts University (Oklahoma)
- Recipient of: Bachelor of Arts (Biblical Studies & Ministry); Certified Health Coach Credentials; Ordination Credentials and maintains annual Minister in Good Standing status; Master of Divinity; Doctor of Theology
- Taught at Northeastern State University and University of Central Oklahoma (Oklahoma; 1994-2000 Great Expectations Program)
- Recipient of Circle of Excellence Award (2017) from Dr. Joel Wallach
- Recipient of Circle of Honor recognition and Top Achievers (2015-2017)
Consulting, Speaking and Personal Clients
Dr. Willis accepts a limited number of speaking engagements per year, and has a select number of Personal Clients she advises on matters of health, business and ministry.
For information, CONTACT Dr. Willis.
Dr. Laurette and her husband Paul are members of In Him Fellowship in northeastern Oklahoma, where they live at “The Prayer Farm,” a 40-acre ranch in the beautiful Ozark foothills with their 4 Poms and a great white Pyrenees named “Queenie.”