Dr. Laurette Willis, CLC, CHC, Th.D.
PraiseMoves Founder, Speaker, and Author
Dr. Laurette Willis is the Founder and Director of PraiseMoves Fitness Ministry. She has helped countless thousands of people become “Fit Witnesses for Christ in spirit, soul, and body” since PraiseMoves' inception in 2001.
As a Keynote Speaker and Author with Harvest House Publishers and Destiny Image, Dr. Willis has spoken internationally and has produced fitness Workouts, books, and TV shows, as well as trained hundreds of Certified PraiseMoves Instructors on 6 continents.
PraiseMoves (“The Christian ALTERNATIVE to yoga”) offers Christian Fitness Workouts, Christian meditation and Power Promises Walking programs, as well as Classes by Certified PraiseMoves Instructors on six continents.
Certified Instructor training is offered for PraiseMoves, PraiseMoves Gold (to teach seniors & those with limited physical mobility, PraiseKICKS (Kickboxing with the Word), PraiseWAVES (Aqua PraiseMoves) and MIRA! (“The Christian Alternative to Zumba!”–David Warren, Oasis Network).
Join us on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/LauretteWillisPage
Theater and Television
Dr. Laurette created and performed in two TV shows (“PraiseMoves” and “PraiseMoves Kids” reaching millions globally via Christian Television).
She has also created and presented in Christian Fitness Workouts and books for Harvest House Publishers and Destiny Image Publishers, as well as PraiseMoves-published projects.
An award-winning actor, director, and playwright with her own production company (DoveTale Productions from 1992-2011), Dr. Laurette has also worked as a professional singer, improvisational comedienne, and voice-over artist.
Originally from New York City and Long Island, her nickname on the NYC stage was “The Woman of 101 Voices!” She performed Off-Broadway in NYC in the one-woman show “The Betty Boop Show,” as cartoon character Betty Boop and 40 other characters (during “My B.C. daze,” as Dr. Willis jokingly calls it!).
Dr. Laurette's voice can be heard in countless Voice-Overs and narrations for TV, Radio, Film, and Christian Book trailers from her Prayer Farm Studio in northeastern Oklahoma.
Read what Pastors, Women's Ministry Leaders, Conference organizers, and other community leaders have to say about Dr. Laurette Willis: Recommendations & Endorsements
For over twenty-five years, Dr. Laurette Willis has been invited to speak to groups as diverse as:
- U.S. Armed Forces in Asia with the U.S.O.
- Over 1,500,000 students in schools & universities
- Women’s Retreats and Conferences for United Methodist Women, WMUs of the Southern Baptist Convention, WMs of the Assemblies of God, Catholic Women’s League, Episcopal Church Women, Women of the ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America), Christian Women’s Clubs, and others.
- Public school administrators and teachers as a Certified Instructor for the Great Expectations Program at Northeastern State University (1994-2000)
- The Smithsonian Institute aboard the Delta Queen Riverboat
- The President and nation’s Governors at the 85th Annual National Governors’ Association Conference.
Dr. Laurette's personal testimony of deliverance from New Age spirituality, yoga, and metaphysics and coming to Christ is featured in Sid Roth & Mike Shreve's book Truth Seekers–Ten Amazing People Who Found It!
An award-winning actor and playwright, Dr. Laurette studied Theatre Arts at New York University and presented as an Artist on the Touring and Teaching Rosters of the Oklahoma Arts Council for over 25 years.
She has been a member of CITA (Christians In Theatre Arts), the Women’s Ministry Network, and Women in Christian Media.
Her one-woman musical drama “Great Women of the Bible,” has been seen by hundreds of thousands of people since she first presented it in 2003.
Health & Fitness
A Certified Health Coach and Personal Trainer, in addition to her work with PraiseMoves, Dr. Willis is the creator of the PowerMoves Kids™ Program, endorsed by the U.S. Department of Education. PowerMoves Kids is the first classroom program to combine Character Education and Fitness, being used in public schools, private, Christian, and home schools throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Dr. Laurette Willis is the author of BASIC Steps to Godly Fitness and The Busy Woman’s Guide to Total Fitness (both from Harvest House Publishers), as well as the PraiseMoves Workout, 20-Minute PraiseMoves Workout, and Power PraiseMoves Workout, all from Harvest House Publishers. Available in the Store.
40 Days to Fit and Fabulous with PraiseMoves from Destiny Image Publishers is in the STORE.
Her PraiseMoves production company has produced a number of Christian Fitness Workouts for adults and children (see SHOP).
CHRISTIAN FITNESS TRAINING
LIVE AND ONLINE CLASSES WORLDWIDE
As the Founder of PraiseMoves Fitness Ministry, Dr. Laurette offers training for women and men to become Christian Fitness Ministers in PraiseMoves, MIRA! (Christian Fitness with a Latin Beat), PraiseKicks, PraiseMoves Gold, and other disciplines. She oversees the LIVE and ONLINE TRAINING of Certified PraiseMoves Instructors who bring this Christ-centered alternative to yoga and other fitness classes to churches and fitness centers on 6 continents.
Dr. Laurette Willis is a frequent guest on Christian radio and television talk shows.
Dr. Willis also enjoys interviewing famous Christian authors (Gary Smalley, Stormie Omartian, Dr. Caroline Leaf (above with Dr. Laurette), Dennis Jernigan, Katie Souza, John and Lisa Bevere, Thelma Wells, Jentezen Franklin, and others).
Ordination, Education, and Awards
- Ordained in 1994 (Kingsway Fellowship)
- Since 2004 Licensed and Ordained with Independent Assemblies.
- Willis Ministries Int'l is a 501(c)3 under the aegis of Independent Assemblies
- Studied at: St. John's University (New York), New York University, the University of Nevada at Reno, University of London (England), Missionary Seminary (Tennessee); Biblical Health Institute (Florida), and Oral Roberts University (Oklahoma)
- Recipient of: Bachelor of Arts (Biblical Studies & Ministry); Certified Health Coach & Certified Life Coach Credentials; Ordination Credentials and maintains annual Minister in Good Standing status; Master of Divinity; Doctor of Theology
- Taught at Northeastern State University and University of Central Oklahoma (Oklahoma; 1994-2000 Great Expectations Program)
- Recipient of the Circle of Excellence Award (2017) from Dr. Joel Wallach
- Recipient of Circle of Honor recognition and Top Achievers (2015-2017)
Consulting, Speaking and Personal Coaching Clients
Over the last 20 years, Dr. Laurette Willis has helped thousands of believers with personal development, fitness & goal achievement via books, television & radio, training programs, mentoring and coaching.
Dr. Laurette is the creator of the Biblical and Neuroscience-based Personal Transformation Program.
A Christian Life Coach and Certified Health Coach (trained by Dr. Jordan Rubin), she is also a Certified HIT Coach (Human Interaction Technology), and a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist.
Dr. Laurette is a member of the International Christian Coaching Association, the International Institute for Complementary Therapists, Cognitive Neuroscience Society, Biblical Coaching Alliance, and the American Association of Christian Counselors.
As Dr. Laurette describes the Personal Transformation Program: “I help Christian women who want to walk in their calling (but feel stuck or scared). I help them gain clarity and take specific action steps so they experience maximum fulfillment and fearless freedom emotionally, physically and financially.”
Book a complimentary *BREAKTHROUGH* Coaching Session with Dr. Laurette HERE.
During Your Free *BREAKTHROUGH* Session:
Dr. Laurette and her husband Paul are members of In Him Fellowship in northeastern Oklahoma, where they live at “The Prayer Farm,” a 40-acre ranch in the beautiful Ozark foothills with Chuffie the Pom and a great white Pyrenees named “Queenie.”