GOD EQUIPS THE CALLED. ARE YOU CALLED?
Enjoy Dr. Laurette Willis' Master Class below and see if PraiseMoves Fitness Ministry is a “fit” for you!
WATCH THE MASTER CLASS REPLAY BELOW. Afterward, you can View the CPI Application HERE.
Thank you for your interest in the PraiseMoves Teacher Certification Program!
Upcoming Online Training Dates HERE.
CPI APPLICATION is available here.
SEE Videos of CPIs answering the question, “Why did you become a Certified PraiseMoves Instructor?” HERE
We receive requests from WOMEN and MEN throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa looking for PraiseMoves classes they can take. The world NEEDS more Certified PraiseMoves Instructors (CPIs)!
The release of the PraiseMoves Workouts from Harvest House Publishers, our television programs, magazine articles, and interviews have brought an increased awareness of the first Christian ALTERNATIVE to yoga (PraiseMoves is NOT so-called “Christian yoga,” which we consider an oxymoron/contradiction in terms (like a “Christian Buddhist” – no such thing!). “Yoga IS Hinduism” according to many Christians and most Hindus! See the article which explains this in full.).
SEE Videos of CPIs answering the question, “Why did you become a Certified PraiseMoves Instructor?” HERE
HOW ABOUT YOU?
Perhaps you know of others at your church or in your community who would be interested in starting a Fitness Ministry or earning a nice part-time income offering PraiseMoves classes at church, a local gym, community center, school, senior center, or their home.
Of course, charging for PraiseMoves classes is optional, but when we consider that millions of people are spending billions of dollars on yoga classes, a dedicated PraiseMoves instructor is certainly worthy of his or her hire.
CNNMoney.com lists Fitness and Aerobic Instructors – one of the 11 “America’s Hot Jobs” where you have the edge: “Amidst growing concerns about obesity, fitness instructors help their clients slim down and shape up by instructing them and physical and exercise activities like yoga, aerobics, and weightlifting.”
Your Certified PraiseMoves Instructor Training Includes:
– The PraiseMoves Classic Workout Download – Includes 60-minute and 20-minute workouts.
– The PraiseMoves Training Manual (history and benefits of PraiseMoves; dynamics of stretching; Basic Anatomy; the Muscular System; Muscles and the PraiseMoves postures; an outline of PraiseMoves workout; low-impact aerobic dance steps; Walkin' Wisdom Warm-ups; all PraiseMoves postures w/photos – plus new PraiseMoves postures; Scripture Sequences; PraiseMoves Alphabetics w/corresponding scriptures; reviews, and sample exam).
– How to Start Your Own Fitness Ministry Manual – Everything you need to start your own PraiseMoves classes from finding students and workout spaces to finances and ministry.
NOTE: Downloadable versions of the original PraiseMoves Workout, the PraiseMoves Training Manual, and “Start Your Own Fitness Ministry Manual” are included with your CPI certification course.
ONLINE Training – PraiseMoves LEVEL I Certification (and Recertification). You can now request to take part in one of our Online Webinar series which take place every February, June, and September.
Those who would like to train online from anywhere in the world can do so. Eight (8) in-depth online webinar sessions over 4 weeks with Dr. Laurette Willis, PraiseMoves Founder, NolaJeanne Baird, Master CPI Trainer, and Jessica Guthrie & Monique Jenkin, CPI Trainers.
While individual times vary, most students devote 100 hours before and during the 4 weeks to study, prepare their videos and take part in the Online Certification.
See Online Training dates HERE.
– Only Certified PraiseMoves Instructors (CPIs) may use the PraiseMoves® name (a registered trademark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office) and teach the copyrighted PraiseMoves material.
– Graduates of the training will be able to call themselves Certified PraiseMoves Instructors (CPIs), use the registered PraiseMoves trademark in their advertising, and charge for group and private classes.
– CPIs and CPIs-in-Training receive 40%-50% off all PraiseMoves products (DVDs, books, CDs, etc.) which they may sell to their students at retail.
Add'l PraiseMoves Certifications available for CPIs
- PraiseMoves Gold (Teach Seniors & Limited Mobility)
- PraiseKicks (Kickboxing with the Word)
- MIRA! (Christian Fitness with a Latin Beat)
- PraiseWaves (Aqua PraiseMoves)
- L.I.F.T. (Laughter-In-Fitness-Training)
- PraiseBarre (Barre + PraiseMoves)
- HipHop2Scripture (Fun Hip Hop Moves to Scripture)
- POWER PraiseMoves (High-powered PraiseMoves!)
- Praiselates (coming in June 2023! Pre-Purchase. PraiseMoves-infused Pilates!)
– CPIs are the only ones who can also train to become certified to teach these additional PraiseMoves Certifications.
- Additional Certifications are available for only $250 each (or bundle 2 or more for $50 to $500 off!)
– CPIs’ information and classes are listed on the main PraiseMoves website free-of-charge so prospective students can find you.
– CPIs will have access to PraiseMoves devotionals which can be held in conjunction with PraiseMoves classes.
– CPIs will be able to offer the trademarked “Fitness for His Witness” seminar to area churches as a way to introduce them to their PraiseMoves classes.
– If they'd like to do so, CPIs may offer the PowerMoves Kids Program (the first classroom program combining Character Education and Fitness) at area public schools, private schools, home schools, and YMCAs. They may also sell the entire PowerMoves Kids system to schools and receive commissions on this Character Education/Fitness program for the classroom — now being used in schools throughout the US and Canada. “Winning the War Against Childhood Obesity — with CHARACTER!”
Find out more at http://powermoveskids.com.
– CPIs will be on the leading edge of a new wave of Christian fitness, countering the popular and deceptive practice of yoga and “new age” mysticism.
– Follow-up support and prayer are always available, as well as new routines, fellowship, and continuing education workshops.
- On the 2nd Sunday evening every month CPIs get together with Dr. Laurette on Zoom for a special time of praise reports, updates, special message, and prayer.
- On the 3rd Thursday evening every month, we offer a Zoom class to All, and seasoned CPIs are given the opportunity to teach a class and promote their ministry.
– Contests, special events, recognition (CPI of the Year, CPI Rookie of the Year, Eagle Award), and yearly reunions (PraiseMoves International Conference) are available.
- CPIs may take part in Regional Retreats (such as those have been held in New Zealand and the United States). It's a wonderful way for CPIs to get together in person!
- CPIs who have been with us for over 2 years have the option to train to become CPI Trainers so they can give live classes in their region and help out with Online training sessions.
- 2023 will see the unveiling of the NEW CPI Level II training! Details to follow.
– And perhaps most exciting of all, CPIs will have the opportunity to minister to the Body of Christ and those who are searching for Him.
– As we develop other programs and certifications, CPIs will have access to them.
- CPIs can add to the PraiseMoves body of work by submitting new PraiseMoves postures, Scripture Sequences (flow-throughs to Scripture), and Lesson Plans to be used and enjoyed by everyone in PraiseMoves.
- CPIs have access to the CPI Files where they can find PowerPoints of ALL PraiseMoves postures (over 160!), plus Scripture Sequences, Lesson Plans, Marketing materials, and More!
- CPIs can take part in INTERNATIONAL PRAISEMOVES DAY (on June 21 every year, corresponding with Int'l Yoga Day proclaimed by the United Nations – WE OFFER A BIBLE-BASED ALTERNATIVE!). Our first Int'l PraiseMoves Day in 2022 found CPIs offering 24 classes around the clock, from India to the United States, from Australia and New Zealand to Canada and the Philippines!
- CPIs can take part in our initiative to “KICK YOGA OUT OF THE CHURCHES!” We ask, “What is a practice dedicated to “Lord Shiva the Destroyer” doing in the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ? That ought not to be. PraiseMoves offers the Christ-centered ALTERNATIVE to yoga!
– CPIs are invited to join our Private Facebook group.
- CPIs can have their workouts featured on our PraiseMoves YouTube Channel.
- And coming in Fall 2022 and early 2023: Our own PraiseMoves APP for ALL PraiseMoves fans and CPIs!
The Fitness Ministry is a viable, much-needed ministry at a time when Christians match or exceed the general population in weight-related illnesses and diseases. Also, churches are looking for new ways to attract people who are searching for Christ.
Friendship Evangelism in the form of inviting an unsaved friend or neighbor to a fun “alternative to yoga” class is a wonderful way to introduce them to fellowship with believers. They'll hear the Gospel in a relaxed atmosphere. After the class questions can be answered, information made available, and prayer offered. I believe many will be won to the Lord.
Are there strict standards to become an instructor?
We are looking for mature, stable Christians who believe the Lord is calling them to be part of the PraiseMoves Fitness Ministry.
While it would be helpful to you if you've taught exercise or some other sort of classes before, it's not necessary. These are skills you can learn. If you are not at your “ideal” weight yet, that's okay. We are great believers in “progress, not perfection.” If you are overweight, however, it is important that you are working toward reaching a healthy weight for you. People will be looking up to you as a PraiseMoves instructor and mentor. You’ll want to have a testimony of how the Lord has helped you lose weight and become healthier – a testimony of how PraiseMoves has assisted you in reaching your goals would also be good.
So, if you have a desire to share PraiseMoves with others and believe God is calling you to step out, c'mon, and step up!
You will need to be CPR-certified. This can be done in your hometown or the nearest large city. Call your local hospital or the American Heart Association to find out about CPR training in your area (fees run anywhere from $25-60 for certification). You can also get CPR-certified online at www.CPRCare.com. If you already have an up-to-date card, please make a copy of it and submit it with your application.
Important: As a CPI or CPI-in-Training, it is important that you notify us of any changes to address, email, and phone number so we can contact you. News organizations and magazines contact us for interviews, and some have visited CPI classes. We need to be able to contact you if such an opportunity arises. There are also changes and additions to PraiseMoves postures and programs which would be helpful to you and your students. Updates are sent out via email, and are also available in our CPI Facebook group, open to all CPIs.
Please Note: Dr. Laurette Willis or members of the PraiseMoves Team may contact Certified PraiseMoves Instructors from time to time, especially for prayer, support for classes, or to address concerns we or CPIs may have.
To become a Certified PraiseMoves Instructor
1. Full payment of $525 with your application for Training materials, Online or Certification weekend training, Certificate, and first year's license to teach PraiseMoves classes.
2. Worldwide: Instructions are on the application to sign your application via Docusign and submit your application fee via PayPal (our shopping cart since 2002 without any issues whatsoever). You can use your credit or debit card (even if you do not have a PayPal account). People all over the world join us for our Online Training. We look forward to hearing from YOU!!!
3. While the original PraiseMoves Workout download comes with your training materials, we strongly recommend purchasing the 20-Min. PraiseMoves Workout (w/beg., int. & adv. Workouts with modifications) and PraiseMoves Alphabetics (the Hebrew letter postures) if you don’t already have them. See downloadable and streaming options in the store.
* Yearly renewal on your Certification anniversary is $125.00 the first year only, to keep your credentials and benefits current. In the second year and thereafter, your yearly renewal fee reduces to only $75 per year.
* Every two years CPIs are expected to take Recertification Training online to keep up-to-date on the latest PraiseMoves postures and keep their skills fresh. Recertification training is only $75 every TWO YEARS, and is offered several times a year.
The Renewal Fee is every year, and Recertification Training is every 2 years.
The CPI who charges for classes may earn their enrollment amount back with the first series of classes they teach. For example: 25 students @ $5 per class (estimate) for 8 weekly classes = $1,000.00; 10 students @ $8 per class for 6 weeks = $480.00. Of course, not everyone will earn the same amount. Some choose to give classes on a donation-only basis; others will have smaller enrollments while some CPIs may choose to charge more for classes.
Some CPIs who teach PraiseMoves classes at their local church donate or share enrollment fees with their church for a missionary fund, youth trip, or special project. Some who teach at their local YMCA or fitness center are guaranteed a certain amount per class no matter how many students attend. To keep finances in perspective, consider that yoga teachers generally charge $8-$25 per class, depending on the area of the country.
Among CPIs, the focus tends to be more on the rewards of ministry and less on the financial compensation of teaching classes. This is one of the reasons we recommend you pray to ensure that the Lord is calling you to become a Certified PraiseMoves Instructor. If you are considering becoming a CPI because you imagine you can earn a lot of money, your focus is on the wrong thing.
If you would like to apply to become a Certified PraiseMoves Instructor (CPI), you may do so online here: application
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Denial or Cancellation: In the rare instance that an Application is denied, the application fee is refunded, less a $15 review fee, with a letter of explanation.
If an accepted applicant (CPI Trainee) changes their mind and decides not to go through with training within 30 days of having been approved, the application fee will be refunded less the $50 application processing fee. Refunds take 2 weeks to process once materials have been returned.
In light of the extensive work which goes into preparing the CPI Trainee for training, no refunds will be given for requests made within 2 weeks of the CPI Trainee's scheduled training date, or 30 days after having been accepted to train as a CPI. They can request to reschedule the class date, however. You have one year from the time your application is accepted to take your training; after that time, you would need to reapply.
MIRA! (“Christian alternative to Zumba!”) certification with Dr. Laurette at a conference in Tulsa, OK.
ONLINE ATTENDANCE POLICY
All 8 sessions are recorded and are released one at a time over the course of 4 weeks (Mondays and Thursdays at 1 PM Central US time).
CPI Trainees are expected to check in to each class via email. Everyone is given 24-36 hours to check in to that day's lesson.
If there are extenuating circumstances and one cannot view that day's lesson within 24-36 hours, special arrangements may be made, or the Board may recommend the Trainee join the next Online Certification (held every February and September). One has 1 year from the application date to complete their training.
TESTIMONIAL FROM CPI TRAINEE ONLINE: “Thank you so much for your encouragement Jessica (Guthrie, CPI Trainer). This has been such an uplifting experience…you all just take us thru every step so tenderly and with great patience.
“Dr. Laurette has such tremendous gifting from the Lord and one can feel her integrity as well as those next to her working with us as well. What a great blessing this is to CPI's in training (CPI's and their students) and all who get involved with this ministry of fitness to the body and the spirit through the mighty Word of God. I will be so thrilled and blessed to be a part of such a ministry.” ~ Anita Price, Jamestown, New York
God bless, I love this form of exercise, i am very concern, for the fact that a lot of churches and schools are using the so called Christian Yoga as an exercise class. My daughters are attending a christian private school and I have received a form asking them to enroll on this new Christian Yoga classes. I have been a dance minister for over 5 years, I truly would like to become a CPI, and I pray that I can use that as an alternative, instead of Yoga.
Any feed back is greatly appreciated. May the Lord keep on blessing your ministry
Hi, Bethania – Yes, I am very concerned about so-called “Christian yoga.” I would ask the administration of the school to take a look at this article: Why a Christian ALTERNATIVE to Yoga on our website (http://praisemoves.com/calt – it can also be printed out as a pdf).
Hopefully they will see that Yoga (part of the Hindu religion) must not, indeed CANNOT be combined with Christianity (a relationship with Jesus Christ).
Just as “Chrislam” (a sad attempt to mix Christianity and Islam) IS Islam; “Christian Yoga” IS Yoga. Even if they place the word “holy” or one of the sacred names of the Most High God in front of the word yoga, it most assuredly is NOT Christian. It is still yoga.
And that’s my sanctified 2 centavos… Thank you for your question, Bethania. I hope the information will be helpful to you and your daughters. If you have any other questions about becoming a CPI, please feel free to contact us. Your dedication in the dance ministry would only be a blessing to your service in the realm of fitness ministry. God is faithful.
with love, Laurette
Does this certification offer any CEC’s for AFAA or ACE?
Yes, Rebecca! ACE awards .8 CECs and AFAA awards 4.5 CEUs for PraiseMoves Certification training.
I just wanted to know if you are going to have CPI training weekends for 2012?
Hi, Laura – yes, please see Training dates here: http://praisemoves.com/about-us/instructor-training/upcoming-dates/
Plus here’s an interview we did with several CPIs from around the country: http://praisemoves.com/about-us/instructor-training/
Let us know if you have any more questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
I am the Regional Co-ordinator for the Devon & Cornwall region, Christian Dance Fellowship of Great Britain, and a Registered (Level 3) Exercise Professional (UK). I’ve been teaching dance since 1996: to church groups, 50+, special needs, plus Israeli/Jewish/Messianic dance.
I am now seeking a change of direction in what I teach and a friend who used to sit on Christian Dance Fellowship committee with me, rang me out of the blue and said she was doing this course. So I had a look at the website.
I am amazed that you are using the Hebrew aleph-bet; having an interest in Hebraic worship I am particularly interested in what you are doing! I’ve been to Hebrew classes at the local synagogue; so would be ever so curious to see how the shapes of the Hebrew letters can be translated into movement. Also, as I’ve worked with special needs and people with limited mobility, I need a system of movement that is gentle on the body and also re-generates the spirit as well.
Also, as I teach correct breathing and posture; I frequently encounter Christians who ask if I am teaching “Hatha Yoga” – No! I do NOT!!! The Hebrew word for breath is “Ruach” and what I do is try to encourage my classmembers (even, or should I say, particularly the non-Christians) to be open to whatever way G-d may wish to move in their lives.
I am seeking the L-rd as to the right way forward at the moment; and am holding everything on your website in prayer before Him.
Wonderful, Sue! We look forward to hearing from you.
[…] June 25 (the day before the Conference): Certification Training for NEW PraiseMoves Instructors […]