Where Can You Find Confidence?
"Now this is the CONFIDENCE that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will (His Word), He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him" (1 John 5:14-15).
The world talks about having more self-confidence. No matter how much "self-confidence" you have, it will never be enough when facing something bigger than your "self." And these days, we know there are lots of situations bigger than we are.
But I have Good News!
ALL the CONFIDENCE you need can be found in One Place:
God's Word (Holy Scripture, the Bible) is the Lord's sovereign promise to you. He guarantees that everything He said He would do He WILL do.
So -- your confidence doesn't have to be in yourself but in the Lord and His Word to you.
Facing a tough situation? Need wisdom and guidance? Healing? Restoration? A bill paid? What is it?
- Find a promise in God's Word and latch on to it.
- Write it on a card and put it where you'll see it.
- Meditate on it. Rest in it.
- Declare it out loud and PRAISE the Lord for it!
And DO something else:
- ASK the Lord if there's anything you need to "get right" in order to qualify for His promise.
- For example, if you're holding unforgiveness, you're holding back God's best for you.
- Forgive that person by faith (It doesn't mean what they did is suddenly okay. It simply means you're going to stop playing God, let that person out of your mental prison where you've been tormenting yourself, and GIVE that person to the Lord).
- Repent of whatever you need to ask the Lord to forgive you for and receive the wonderful waterfall cleansing of His forgiving grace (1 John 1:9).
- DO whatever the Lord's been impressing upon you to do. As His mother, Mary said to the servants at the Wedding Feast of Cana, Jesus' first miracle: "Whatever He says to you, do it" (John 2:5).
Has the Lord been impressing upon you to clean up your diet?
Start exercising? Give to a ministry or to a local charity?
Catch up on your tithes to your church?
Return something you borrowed?
Ask a loved one to forgive you?
What is it for you?
Take a Step to DO whatever it is He's telling you to do and just watch your CONFIDENCE start to GROW!!!
SPEND QUALITY TIME IN GOD'S WORD
to Grow Your Confidence
You become confident in what you spend time doing, so when you devote T.I.M.E. to reading and meditating on God's promises, you become more and more confident in the Lord and His promises.
“God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19).
If He said it, He will do it.
If He has spoken it, He will make it good.
The more time you spend immersing yourself in God's Word, the more you will discover an unshakeable, confident faith growing inside of you.
You will know that you know that you know WHERE and IN WHOM your CONFIDENCE lies.
"...I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day" (2 Tim. 1:12).
Today's Prayer & Declaration:
Lord, today I commit to investing more quality time reading and studying Your Word and Your promises to me. Precious Holy Spirit, please give me wisdom and understanding of what I am reading and the revelation and guidance to apply it -- all to Your Glory, Lord, in Jesus' holy name. Amen!